I just can’t wait until Tuesday to share some PhotoBooth troubleshooting I did today!
1) To turn off the 3…2…1… Countdown for the picture (which can be super annoying!), just hold “Option” key on your keyboard while you hit the shutter button to take the picture!
2) To flip the photos so the words won’t be backwards, go to Edit –> Auto Flip New Items. If it has a checkmark next to it, it will flip things correctly after pictures have been taken!
You’re welcome! 🙂
WOW! We learned more about blogging today, including internet safety, how to comment, and why tags are helpful, and I’m AMAZED at how excited everyone is to get started! I found an article on student blogging just today (check it out!!), and one of my favorite parts was the list of what keeping a digital portfolio teaches students:
“They are also learning that:
• People will see what they post.
• People can comment on their posts and be part of the learning.
• Some things are better to post online than others.
• When you put something online, it stays online forever.
• You can learn from others online.
• You can help others to learn online.”
If you look at the article, you’ll see some examples of the types of work samples you’ll be posting to your blog soon! 🙂 Stay tuned!
1) Job Applications due tomorrow!
2) READ for 20 minutes, & start choosing books for our PIZZA READING program! Remember that for chapter books, they should be on your level, never-before-read, and at least 500 pages TOTAL (you could have one 500 p. book, or two 250 p. books, etc.). Then, bring the book to class for a BOOK TALK! Click here for a great book talk example on Inkheart.
3) If you turned in your application today, your job interview will be TOMORROW! You may dress professionally if you’d like (tie, skirt, nice pants, etc.), or just wear regular dress code!
4) Brown Paper Bag with 3 items inside that represent you and your interests to share! Tomorrow is the last day to share!
*Sep. 2: No School ~ Labor Day
*Sep. 12: Parent Night for 4th & 5th grade, 5:30-7:00 pm
*Sep. 24: Elementary Room Parent Social, 3:00
*Sep. 27: Progress Reports go home (mid term!)