Please be sure to check out upcoming events–I just updated for the next month! 🙂
Here is a new math game on decimals: Jeopardy decimals! (this one also has addition & subtraction, but you can just do the multiplication ones)!
Remember the 3 steps in multiplying decimals/big numbers that are multiples of 10:
1) Multiply the regular number first (ignore the 10’s and the decimals; in 3.6 x 20, just do 36 x 2 = 72)
2) Multiply on the tens (in 3.6 x 20, now add on the 0 from the 20 = 720–which is really multiplying it by 10 once, or shifting it to the left 1 place!)
3) Add the decimal (in 3.6 x 20, now add on 1 decimal place found in factors to your product = 72.0).
1) Math (7-9): p. 177 odds, p. 178 odds. Redo quizzes/tests!
2) Read 20 minutes (and every single day if your reading log grade is a little low to bring that up!)
3) Permission Slip: Be sure to turn in the permission slip to our field trip to Salt Lake (Jan. 31st to The Leonardo & Capitol), and a $5 donation if possible!
4) Missing work!!
5) Spelling due Wednesday!
Items of Business:
*Class Store (coming up this Friday): If you have any extra soda, candy, trinkets, jewelry, or toys that you would like to donate to class store, please send it with your child! We would like to do one more often to serve as a motivator for positive behavior!
*We would always welcome donations of gerbil food for our class pets!
*Jan. 30: Our class dress down (green tickets reward!)
*Jan. 31: Field trip to the capitol & The Leonardo! Remember to pack a disposable lunch (paper/plastic bag), clearly labeled with your name!
*Feb. 8: Half day (professional development for teachers): 12:30 dismissal!
*February 14: Valentine’s day party! Sign-up sheet to be posted, and I will also email a class list so you have everyone’s names!
*February 18: No school! President’s Day!
*February 19: Boxtops due
*February 22: Boxtop dress down
*February 25-28: Parent Teacher conferences/book fair!
*February 28: Early dismissal: 1:45
*March 1: No school
*Week of March 4: DWA testing! You may practice more on UtahWrite at home if you write down your username/password in class (we will also be doing so in school!)
*March 22nd: Arbor Day poster contest (our school has registered our grade already)!